UG

Posted on Jul 12, 2022

I love this prenatal! I was looking for the most absorbable forms of the nutrients needed for pregnancy and this one ticked all the boxes! I had a bit of a detox response to it for the first 2 weeks - felt like I had a flu and constantly getting rid of mucus, but after that felt pretty good. I’ve been taking this and saccharomyces boulardii since early 1st trimester and had no nausea, headaches or constipation. It’s also great it doesn’t include iron because not every pregnant woman needs it (in fact, mine was high when tested). The only downside is the suggested amount of capsules, most of the days I take 4-6, but my diet is also really nutrient dense including animal organs, fresh dairy and lots of fruits and veggies. I considered getting the essential version instead of the optimal but it doesn’t include the amazing support botanicals so I’m sticking to this.

Posted on Mar 25, 2022

This multivitamin supplement was recommended to me by my obstetrician. She explained to me that it's vital to take folates instead of folic acid and this products has the good ingredient. Although being a little pricey (daily dose is 8 pills!) I recommend this product. I feel much more energy comparing to early pregnancy when I didn't supplement. As a side effect I have the most wonderful nails and hair. It does not contain iron so you have to boost it independently but I think it's better this way, as you may adjust the iron levels independently.

Posted on Jul 2, 2022

This is a quality prenatal vitamin with clean ingredients. I switched to this brand after reading about a bunch prenatal brands that were tested and this was rated as one of the top 3 clean vitamins without contaminants in it. The potency is nice and I feel good knowing my baby is getting enough of the essential vitamins for his development. There isn't any taste and the pills don't make me nauseous like thorne did.

Posted on May 22, 2022

My doctor told me that these vitamins exceed more other prenatal vitamins on the market. While it is 8 pills/day, I remind myself it's because these vitamins contain the most bioavailable version of that nutrient! I personally like that they contain no iron too: I am on a separate iron supplement so I like that these aren't interfering with my prescribed dosage.

Posted on Apr 26, 2022

I've used this throughout half of the first trimester and now half of the second (week 20 tomorrow). I know it's not the only reason, but health- and symptom-wise I've felt great! barely any nausea in the first trimester, tired but not excessively, no headache etc. I do forget to take all 8 tablets at times, this might be one minus (so many tablets/day) but that's also a sign of a high quality prenatal vitamin. The price would be another minus.

Posted on Feb 26, 2022

It is a pricey product, however, as a researcher I have spent significant time when I got pregnant trying to find the best possible prenatal vitamins on the market and I believe this is it. For my little one, giving him all the micronutrients he needs, is worth all the money. I have ordered from iHerb multiple times and despite located in the UK, the delivery was prompt and the costs still better than getting it from a local distributor. You have to take 8 of these capsules daily and they are quite large, however, if you struggle, you can open them and use the powder for example in a smoothie or a yoghurt. I prefer to swallow them and I always have them with breakfast. My pregnancy has been without problems so far, the little one is developing well and my blood results are great. It cannot replace well-balanced diet but I feel I'm doing maximum supplement wise. Doesn't have iron so I take iron separately. I also take more vit D3 and Omega DHA (of course after discussion with my midwife and doctor which you need to do before taking anything.) I will continue when I am brestfeeding if I am able to. Highly recommend this product as I feel it includes top quality ingredients.

Posted on Oct 20, 2021

I have been taking this for almost a month now and so far so good. It does take getting used to taking 8 pills a day and I do find I have more energy since I've been taking them. I recommend it .

Posted on Aug 19, 2022

best prenatal for daily use. the quality of this multi vitamin is impeccable. The only downside is the need to take 8 tablets per day

Posted on May 14, 2022

I feel great taking this! It's tough to hit the 8 per day, but I know it's better absorbed that way. Try them out! I like how they pack so much into this prenatal, and way more than just the basic ones out there.