UG

Posted on Sep 6, 2022
Love these steel cut oats!

I eat a mostly plant based diet and these steel cut oats are a breakfast staple during my busy work week. The 1.53kg bag lasts a long time and the resealable feature is super convenient to keep the oats fresh. I usually put 1/2 cup steel cut oats in my mini rice cooker I have in my office with a handful of goji berries and 1-1/2 cups water. Pop it on the rice setting and when it's done I serve it up with a bit of coconut cream and top with a spoon full of chia seeds and chopped hazelnuts. Super fast, easy, and delicious with minimal effort. And because steel cut oats have a lower glycemic index than rolled oats they wont spike your blood sugar levels after eating, and leave you feeling fuller longer.

f00c8d5e-c285-4916-9336-7b9f91362b23
Posted on Sep 1, 2022

My favorite oatmeal! I love that it's heartier than instant oatmeal. Keeps me full all morning! It's easy to cook a few servings then just warm up a small portion each morning for breakfast. A high-quality product. The size is great if you eat oatmeal regularly like me!

Posted on Aug 2, 2022

Tip: make these oats in your instapot. Use an ovenproof bowl, mix 1/3 cup of these oats and 1 cup of water and a pinch of salt per serving. Put bowl on trivet, add 1 1/2 cups of water in the bottom of the pot to create the steam. set 13 minutes high pressure, set delay to turn on about an hour before you wake up, allowing time to heat up, cook and natural release before you get to the kitchen. Remove from instapot and add some milk or coconut milk and eat! For extra credit you can balance an unpeeled banana on the edge of the bowl in the instapot. In the morning, cut open the banana and scoop out the steamed insides and mix into the oatmeal.

Posted on Jun 16, 2022

top quality and freshness. ingredients are the most healthy. the taste is better than quick oats more hearty and better texture. the size of the bag is wonderful and I'm great full to iherb for making it possible for people around the world to order things they cannot get in there country

Posted on May 17, 2022

I love this stuff! I soak them overnight to make cooking a bit quicker, then pop them in the microwave if I'm in a hurry, or finish cooking on the stove. Add some fresh fruit and some cinnamon and it's a very filling and healthy breakfast. I like that Bob's has a few options of steel cut: organic and non, as well as a fully gluten free... makes it easy to satisfy different diets. But this option is great for bulk affordability while still getting a great product that they're known for.

Posted on May 5, 2022

Exactly the product I was looking for. So glad iHerb delivers internationally, as it's hard to find steel cut oats where I'm located. As expected from Bob's Red Mill, this is a good quality product. I prefer this texture to rolled and instant oats. If you're not sure about the typically mushy/goopy texture of oats, I highly recommend giving steel cut oats a try.

Posted on Apr 12, 2022

Thank you iHerb for your speedy delivery ! I ordered this steel cut oat yesterday and this morning it is delivered to my door . This steel cut oat is my favourite oat which is low in GI and suits me . It isn’t that easy to get from local supermarkets . When I found it in iHerb , it was indeed a happy surprise . The steel cut oats needs a little more time to cook , but if one likes some chewy texture , it is definitely a good choice . I find that if I soak it overnight , it saves time in cooking . Thanks iHerb for having this in stock .

Posted on Feb 5, 2022

You can't go wrong with Bob's grain cereals. They are delicious and reasonably priced. The packaging is sturdy, and the zip-lock keeps the quality of the oats fresh and tasty. The ingredients are pure, and I usually have steel oats 3 times a week which helps to keep my cholesterol in check.

Posted on Dec 4, 2021

Best quality steel cut oats on the market! Nice to know they are non-GMO. A few years back I met Bob Moore at the The Golden Spurtle competition and tried these for the first time. I believe he walked away with the championship that year! Package reseals easily ensuring freshness for a few months if stored correctly. Size and taste are great making a breakfast I am proud to serve. Definitely has my recommendation!